There are several steps to getting a website up and running and working for you.
- You need an address for your site. This is known as a "Domain Name" and takes the form of
Other endings are available such as .net, .org, .biz and .info to name a few
- Get your domain right now while it is still available. Just type in the orange field below next to www. and get your domain for 9.95 or less through ProsperityWebs.
- We recommend ProsperityWebs
because they offer most domains for less than $10 a year and have excellent support and many free features.
and as of August 2004 were offering many domain discounts such as .us and .biz for only $4.95
- You need a Website. This is more than just text and graphics, the coding of the site determines how it will rank in the search engines - the "yellow pages" of the Web. The coding also affects how it will display in various browsers and how quickly it will load on slower connections.
You can build it yourself using
or ProsperityWebs can build it for you!
- You need a home for your website. This is where we come into the picture. We specialize in webhosting, offering great rates and matching prices.
Webhosting is where your web resides on the internet. We use State of the Art servers so that your web is delivered at high speed to all viewers. All web hosting is not alike, there are many factors which contribute to speed and reliability.
- If you plan to sell directly from your site, your site must be "E-commerce"-enabled so that visitors may make purchases online. Some businesses provide printable order forms or other means to place an order, while others will enable instant online purchasing. The choice is yours.
- Obviously, your website won't do you any good if nobody knows it's out there. The best way to promote your site is to utilize the power of the search engines. People will use a search engine such as Yahoo or Google when searching for something online, and if your site comes up near the top of the search results, you have a much better chance of getting visitors to your site.
For more information about these necessary aspects of having a successful website, please click on the highlighted words in the paragraphs above.